Missing Molly

This is Sarah. I have submitted Molly's obituary to The Oregonian, and will post a link here once it is finalized and published.

One thing that I've discovered through this process, as people have slowly begun to reach out and share memories and stories, is how vividly people remember Molly's bright spirit, her wit, vivacity, her smile, and her laughter. Being reminded of her days that were so full of joy, friendship, community activities, and fun, has been really nice.  The last ten years have been very hard in many ways, due to her illness (dementia). But I also had the benefit of repairing our relationship and reconnecting to her in a different way, taking the role of caretaker, and learning to care for one another in a different way. Even in her limitations, Molly always found joy in our visits. She would say consistently, every time I saw her (usually weekly), "It's a beautiful day!" Everything we ate as "wonderful." All of the music we listened to was "beautiful." That keen sense of beauty and value in the experience of life is something I am holding onto so dearly, in this time of such sadness and heartache, for me.

I added some photos to the "photo" page on this website, and will add more as I scan them. I will also include her photos of things she cared about, which are mostly animals and her piano students (often both! There is almost always a cat on the piano bench with the students).

Thank you for coming here and honoring Molly's memory. She is so greatly missed and loved.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories and dreams for summer